27 January, 2011

Back to normal ....

whatever that is.  Thankfully Tinkerbell seems to have now gotten herself fully rested up from her stay at the Dog Resort.  I was going to take her for a walk before bed last night but instead she wanted to play fetch around nine and then went outside so I felt confident when we went up to bed a little later that she was ready to sleep and she did!  She slept all night without waking me up for a midnight potty break so *I* slept all night.  A full eight hours and I feel pretty good today.  I decided to take the bus in rather than bike, although the weather is fine. I need to get home and take Tink for her walk since Mr. M has a show and won't be home much after late morning.  Also, I have been doing an hour at lunchtime trying to get back to my full running capacity and I don't want to overdo it at this stage when I'm just getting myself back into shape by biking AND running/walking for an hour AND having another long walk when I get home.  Slow and steady and, fingers crossed, I won't get injured and I won't get another chest thing and I will be able to race in March.  There is a race in February - the Love 'em or Leave 'em race around Greenlake that I just LOVE.  But I don't think there's much chance I'll be ready in three weeks.  I may be, but it's more likely that I'll be able to do the March St. Pat's race.  That's a goal I can set and be quite sure I can make.  However ... I have signed up for that race the past two years and each time I missed it.  Once because of the infection in my lungs that just wouldn't go away -- I guess that was last March -- and the one before because it was SNOWING that morning and I was not going to go risk my neck.  It's got to be fun, above all.

I must take pictures of my WIPs.  I vowed yesterday at noon knitting that I wouldn't start any more projects and instead start finishing them, one by one.  I do believe I have six projects .... the oldest is a modified Simple Knitted Bodice that I started about two years ago with some gorgeous white angora blend yarn.  I got the V-neck portion of it done and started in the round and then put it down.  There is also a blue Green Gables top that I started - again I've gotten to the body portion and put it down.  That project is being made with Debbie Bliss Cotton Angora in a beautiful deep blue.  Then there's the Shining Birds Eye Shawl, which is pure concentration knitting and it is going to be exquisite.  My Noro Chirimen Tepoztlan also has the bodice portion finished and I'm working on the front and the back simultaneously - boring TV knitting.  The final and newest project is the Frock Camisole that I am making in Lino Pura by Elann.  That is the project I cast on while on vacation and I'm 4 1/2 inches into it.  AND not to be forgotten, the project that I only work on at work during Wednesday  noon knitting, the Cloisonne Jacket, which is driving me CRAZY.  But I only have 10 more rows of that color work portion and the rest of it should just fly.  Yup, that's six.  And that doesn't count the blanket I work on sporadically when I feel like crocheting.  So finishing is the word of the day.  Or month.

No comments: