31 January, 2011

What a boneheaded move!

I woke up and not wanting to risk a sleepless night, I took a Benedryl.  Unfortunately I took it before looking at the clock.  Before I could fall back asleep the alarm went off!  Now I could fall asleep, but of course I am at work and it is severely frown upon.  Oh but I would love to curl up on something soft and drift off for an hour or so.  Never again will I take one of those unless I know what time it is. 

I did buy myself some new runners on Saturday.  They are so cool!  Super light weight and they have a little pocket in the sole for the Nike+ sensor.  Now I can use my iPhone rather than my Garmin when I run.  I can't wait to try them out this afternoon.  Since they are so light I don't know that I'll be using them every day.  For the time being I'm going to leave my Pumas here in case they are not good for the longer hour runs.  I don't typically have problems with my feet but you never know so until I am sure I'll keep both pairs here.

The weekend was pretty busy but I did manage to get a couple of good hours in knitting on both days.  In my quest for finishing projects I have limited myself to knitting on one project at a time.  I got quite a few more inches done on the body part of the Tepotzlan.   The bodice is finished.  These two strips are the front and back.  The stripes will be vertical when the pieces are attached to the bodice.  I'm not head over heels about this project but I guess that happens sometimes to the best (and worst) of us. 

I took a picture of the Frock Camisole as well to put on my Ravelry page so I thought I'd put it up here too.  The color is exact and although I don't have a lot of brown or taupe in my wardrobe I think I'll get some use out of this top.  The linen yarn is very slippery and hard to work with.  I am using two strands at once to get the gauge and fabric I need. I noticed quickly that the yarn was not staying in it's ball so I put them each into a baggie and that keeps the balls together better.

It is going to be a super busy and hard week for me.  One step at a time though.  And the next step for me right now is another cup of tea.  I hope I don't have to resort to ice cubes down my back to stay awake.

No comments: