26 January, 2011

Two minutes off pace

That's what I was today after not being on the bike for probably four weeks, maybe more.  That's not so bad, I guess.  I didn't have any problem with my wind, I just think I've lost a little strength.  I suspect the hills are going to kick my behind tonight.  The good news is that it's markedly lighter now.  I was able to turn my headlamp off at 4 miles into the ride.  And yesterday I saw a daffodil blooming when I was out on the trail!  It just seems so odd to me.  We were supposed to have this terrible winter and yet here it is feeling like spring already.  I'll bet we get another terrible cold snap in the next few weeks and all that spring work the garden is doing will be for naught. 

This weekend I'm going to buy myself some new runners.  I really really want the Nike shoe so that I can use the iPhone Nike app for running rather than using my Garmin.  The Garmin is good but you have to keep looking at it to make sure you're on pace, etc.  With the Nike app I can get some of that information straight into my ears, plus have a voice to keep me on pace.  So say I want to start out the first  1/2 mile at a 12 minute mile pace, then pick it up to a 10.5 minute mile, the voice will be able to tell me to speed up or slow down.  Well anyway, I just like gadgets, don't I?

I got home late last night because of  my appointment.  After changing and cleaning up the kitchen it was nearly 7 before I could start dinner.  I was only able to do a few rows on the Noro project.  Unless I have something very engrossing to watch on TV, the Noro project is booooring - plain stockinette done flat.  This is for the front and back of the top, which will be pleated and sewn to the bodice I have already made, so it's going to look cool but it's dead boring to knit.  I threw in the towel early and went up to watch a little TV and get a decent night's sleep.  It was a bit better than the previous night.  At least Tink didn't ask to go out until 3 am and, thankfully, I was able to fall back asleep after that.  Her schedule is WAY off and I'm still fighting the time lag, so I look like I haven't slept in weeks.  Maybe tonight will be the night she sleeps through.  I may take her for a little walk before I head upstairs tonight.  I'm not entirely convinced that she does her business when I put her out before bed because it's not right that a doggie should have to go outside in the middle of the night if she's given the chance to take care of it before bedtime.  If I walk her then I'll know for sure.

Noon knitting today.  I'm still working on that Closinne jacket.  The colorwork is KILLING me.  Never again will I do stranded work flat.  It's insane.  I only have about 10 rows to go.  I should commit to 3 rows this afternoon. 

1 comment:

Speattle said...

I saw daffodils in full bloom in downtown Kirkland today too. Caught me by surprise as well.