28 January, 2011

It's kind of freaky

The weather is extremely mild and it's just strange.   This morning my hands were almost too warm in my winter biking gloves.  It's going to be brutal when winter decides to show up again because, as I said, the plants and shrubs are thinking it's spring.

Mr. M was off doing a show last night so Tinkerbell and I had a lovely, nice quiet evening all to ourselves.  We had a nice walk before it got pitch dark.  It was a gorgeous sunset last night!  Then a little Wii time and finally a couple hours working on the Tepotzlan and catching up on TV shows I had recorded.  Not a terribly exciting evening but satisfying.  I have a fairly stressful weekend coming up so we get our relaxation when we can.

I have been informed that I am giving a party on Saturday so after I go buy my new runners tomorrow I am a slave to the kitchen and company for the rest of the day and evening.  That leaves Sunday for my other normal errands - nails and grocery shopping, etc.  And the following weekend is the Super Bowl and there will be people over for that as well.  So there doesn't seem to be a lot of knitting time available these next couple weeks.  I think I'd like to concentrate on the Tepotzlan top first for finishing but also I'd like to carve out a little time to get back into the Shining Birds Eye Shawl.  Maybe Sunday afternoon.

Yesterday at lunchtime I took an hour on the trail and did some running.  It felt good and I didn't push myself.  I am taking it slow and easy this time.  Walk 10, run 5, walk 10, run 5, etc.  By the end of next week I should be up to 30 minutes running and by the end of two or three weeks be able to do the full hour.  Or maybe I should do 30 minutes on my biking days and an hour when I drive in or take the bus.  I'll figure it out.  Mostly I don't want to get hurt or sick again so ..... slow and easy.

No comments: