14 January, 2011

Tick tock tick tock

Vacation count down.  There are quite a few little details I need to handle this morning and early afternoon, then I'm going to button up this operation and head out.  I'm stopping for a manicure and pedicure and then it's home to pack.  Saturday early afternoon we fly to Houston and then spend the night in Galveston.  I've never been to Texas and have always wanted to visit.  Well, not entirely true.  I did have a layover in Houston airport once a long time ago after some business meeting in Virginia.  I didn't see anything except the bar so I don't think it counts as a true visit.  We will be spending the night in Galveston and then heading for the ship first thing when we check out.  I want to get on as soon as we can so we don't miss too much of the playoff game.  And when we get back from the cruise we'll have some time before we have to head to the airport to explore Galveston a little bit.  I hope the weather is decent.  They are predicting a thunder storm on the day we leave.  It is January after all.

I'm going to miss my dog.  I know that sounds silly but it would sound sillier if it was a cat I was missing, so .... for whatever that's worth.   The house sitter just LOVES Tinkerbell and she's thrilled to spend all the time with her that she wants.  She is Mr. M's bookkeeper and she comes twice a month but has to work and therefore doesn't get as much cuddle time with my dog as she would like.  I am entirely 100% confident that she will take as good care of her as I do, and also I know she'll take care of my house and not have parties or use my Jacuzzi tub, or order pay-per-view movies or drink all the good whiskey.  She is, in a word, perfect.

I did take some time last night and swatch the linen.  I found a pattern that I like for a camisole.  It was in an Interweave magazine but I found it searching on Ravelry.  I believe I put it out of my head the first time I saw the pattern because the yarn they used is just plain ugly.  In a beautiful plain linen the top is going to be perfect.  I also cataloged my circular needles with a new iPhone app.  Because I have so many WIPs going now my Denise set is being all used and I need a size 7 24".  I'm actually going to have to buy one, which is incredible considering the ridiculous amount of circular needles I already own.  My knitting goal, when I'm back from vacation and facing the rest of this long and dark winter, is to finish up some of my projects!  No more starts until I finish some things. 

Blogs will be sparse on vacation.  I am going to relax.  No, really I am.  I am!!

No comments: