08 March, 2011

Ahead of schedule

I was sure I was going to have a rough time of it yesterday when I went out for my run.  On the contrary, I had a super awesome hour!  And while I'm still not quite up to speed I did go over 4 miles in that hour.  My average pace was just over an 11 minute mile.  When I race the best I've done is around 10 1/2 minute miles.  This spring/summer I would really like to get it down to 10 minute miles.  But for training and every day purposes, I am quite happy with 11 minute miles.  Of course, as I said, that was just the average because I did walk a couple of times.  Today I'm going to try to run the entire hour with no walk breaks.  It is misty outside and I always run better in the rain for some reason.  Unless it's pouring.  I won't be able to run tomorrow due to meetings and such, but I should be able to do it again on Thursday.

And I was on a roll yesterday.  I got home and sat down to finish up the body of the Cloisonne Jacket.  I did that AND cast on for the sleeves.  Unfortunately I didn't read the directions all the way through and ended up having to re-cast on one sleeve.  So they are cast on and ready to go.  Tonight I'll get at least a portion of the lace done.  I've decided to do them flat.  Hope I don't regret it.

Adele has a new album out and on the radio this morning they played the Cure song that she covers, 'Lovesong'.  It's beautiful.  I haven't purchased an album on iTunes for a long while but I think I'll buy this one.

No comments: