30 March, 2011

Still no love for the bus

This is my second week commuting by bus and it is still as icky as ever.  The schedules are pretty good in that I don't have to wait long for a transfer and on the way home if the wait is too long I can just walk that last mile or so.  There are two things that I find most uncomfortable.  First is the combination of the seat height and the drivers.  I am short and my feet don't always reach the ground. The drivers are not smooth, or I should say I have not yet had a ride with a driver who was smooth.  So each stop and take off nearly throw me off my seat, not to mention the corners.  Of course, yes, I can hold on to the seat in front of me but that is not always convenient due to other people, the person in the seat and how they are sitting, etc.  And let me tell you, find a seat as soon as you get on because the driver stomps on the gas as soon as the doors are closed.  And the second thing that I find objectionable is the majority of the people.  Call me intolerant, I don't care.  I am just getting through this and looking forward to the day when I can move to a nice place on the trail, or close enough.

And speaking of that -- I have an appointment with my lawyer today.  Baby steps, but each day gets me closer to my goal.

My contacts still haven't come and I am wearing my very last pair today.  I did get my blocking mats and the potty patch yesterday.  Tinkerbell doesn't seem at all interested in the Potty Patch so I think it's going to take some getting used to.  Until I know she will use it I am going to have to keep leaving so I can get home between 4:30 and 5.  I leave the apartment at around 7:20 and 4:30 is 9 hours!  That is a long long time for a dog not to go potty, especially if she's used to being in and out at her whim.  I have high hopes for this system though.  People swear by it.


The blocking mats were a bit of a disappointment.  I guess I had just assumed one would get a dozen and when I pulled them out of the box there were only 9!  Not enough room to block the body of the Cloisonne Jacket and the sleeves as well.  I soaked the pieces and then rolled them in towels and stomped on them.  Boy do I ever miss my beautiful washer with the hand wash cycle!!  I pinned the bottom of the body out but I am going to have to wait until the sleeves are completely dry and then do the body again.  I don't like the schematic either.  It's not clear how wide to block the body.  I'll wing it.

No comments: