09 March, 2011

That particular system works

I did buy the Adele 21 album on iTunes yesterday and it was directly because I had heard the song on the radio that morning.  I don't like to think I'm that easy, that suggestible.  I guess I shouldn't be broadcasting that type of information.

I got half of the lace portion of the sleeves done last night before I put the knitting down to finish making dinner and watch a little TV.  At noon today I may be able to finish the lace.  I have a meeting downtown at 1:30 so I won't be able to knit for the entire hour.  I should be starting with the main color tonight.  Depending on a number things -- I am not sure how my weekend is going to end up -- I may have lots of time for knitting or none at all.  I would just like to get this thing finished while it's still cool enough to wear.  Well, it is a jacket so I suppose I will be able to wear it in the spring.

I've been thinking about Doug and my band lately.  I know he was involved in getting his son and kids settled in his house but that has been more than two months.  I should give him a call this weekend and see what's up.  All that time we spent rehearsing and doing one gig -- doesn't seem a very effective use of time, does it?

No running today and I think that's fine.  Yesterday my foot started hurting about 45 minutes in so I walked most of the last 15 minutes.  For the second day in a row I have beaten my previous 5K speed and I think that's good.  I don't want to injure myself so even though I wanted to run the whole hour yesterday .....  I am pretty sore today as well.  I like that, although it makes it difficult to walk downstairs.

I need to dig up my diplomatic hat this morning.  I have a tough meeting coming up.  I am not very good at diplomacy.  Not very good at all.

No comments: