31 March, 2011

Things are humming along

I had a great day yesterday!  I seem to be settling nicely in my new space and Tink even wanted to play ball last night, which says to me that she is acclimated to her new surroundings and happy.  My contacts finally arrived and now I am missing only one last piece of the puzzle - my wireless router.  As it is set up now, the only way for me to get on line with my laptop is to unplug the Wii and plug in my computer, which wouldn't be bother if the cord was longer but as it is now I have to lay on my stomach to work the computer.  And since it is a work computer I have all of my audio books and iTunes library on an external hard drive which is on my desk in my office, so I can't download any new audio books or things from iTunes.  I spoke to Comcast a couple of days ago and was told that they are a little behind in their orders.  I sure hope it gets here soon though.  I am jonesing for a new audio book!

I had a very positive meeting with my lawyer yesterday and am feeling quite confident in her and in the ultimate outcome.  I feel relaxed about it for the first time.  And I sleep like a baby!  Yay!  No more grinding of teeth, clenching of jaws and the only pain is when I yawn, and that should be gone in another day or so.

I got a wonderful email from my friend Gregg, the bass player for my band, who I have not heard a thing from since New Years.  He has been trying to get in touch with Doug, the leader, but Doug seems to have withdrawn.  However, Gregg asked me to sing 3 or 4 duets with him at a show in May!  I am thrilled!  This is just the thing I need right now.  I am going to have to start being social soon and this is just the type of thing that will start getting me out of my shell, and my apartment.  I'm going to talk to him some more about it today.  Double Yay!

At noon knitting I worked on my sleeves for the Tepotzlan.  I have about 7 or 8 more inches to go and then that monkey will be off my back.  I hope to carve out some time this weekend to put the Cloisonne Jacket together and start the finishing process.  It's not going to be quick, but it will be lovely.

My friend McG turned me on to a new show last night called 'Saxondale'.  I can get it on Netflix which I watch in bed on my iPhone, or I can watch on TV too, but it's just more cozy on my iPhone.  He wasn't familiar with Steve Coogan, who I have seen on several things.  Very funny guy.  I've only watched one episode, but I like it.  I might try an episode on my TV tonight.  Still haven't dared turn on the Wii.   It's about time.

No comments: