15 March, 2011

Talk about detective work!

A few lifetimes ago (and a few name changes ago) I belonged to AFTRA (American Federation of Television and Radio Actors).  I was doing radio and TV commercials and one needs to belong to the union to do that.  Yesterday I got a piece of mail from them, addressed to me using my maiden name!  Incredible.  I last used that name when I was 27.  That just is amazing to me that they were able to track me down after 3 name changes.  It's easier now than it might have been 20 years ago, but still pretty amazing.

When I first started listening to audio books I had downloaded a Flashman book on the advice of a friend and I couldn't finish listening to it because I hated the narration so much.  I wish I had remembered his name because I downloaded a book last week and he's the narrator.  He's not nearly as annoying in this book as he was in the other, but still I really hate how he does the voices of women.  He just comes off sounding like a very gay man.  I am liking the story though so I will finish it.

I woke up at 4 this morning and wasn't able to get back to sleep so I am just dizzy this morning.  I'm taking the rest of the week off to pack and move, so I can sleep in a little bit tomorrow.  I'm going to need all my strength.

No comments: