07 March, 2011

Maybe next year

It doesn't look like I'm going to be ready for the St. Paddy's Day Dash.  I was very sore on Friday and it didn't get any better as the morning wore on.  I went out at lunchtime for an hour but mostly walked.  I feel perfectly fine today and plan on running for an hour but I won't be ready for the race.  That's okay.  I'd rather be injury free and run in some race in April.  There's bound to be one.

It was a busy weekend, as I had anticipated.  Tink was at the groomer for most all of the afternoon on Saturday so I took care of chores and knit.  I have finished up both sides of the jacket and am now on the back.  I have about 10 rows of plain knitting left at the back, then shoulder and neck shaping for a few rows.  If I put my mind to it I could probably finish it up tonight, or tomorrow at the very least.  I want to plan on casting on for the sleeves on Wednesday and get this albatross off from around my neck!

Speaking of albatrosses ...the current audio book I am listening to is painful at times.  The only reason I am keeping on with it is that there is a secondary plot line that is interesting and historical.  Otherwise it is a not very thinly disguised Christian tract.  If I were reading the book I could easily skip the preaching.  However, it is a lot more difficult when listening on an iPhone.  I can go back in 30 second increments but to advance forward you have to scrub.  I don't want to miss the good parts of the story so I endure.  I think there's only about an hour left.  I shall do my best to avoid this in the future.

The birds were quite noisy this morning.  It's is going to be milder at night this week and maybe, just maybe I will be able to ride my bike.  I should check the tire pressure tonight.

No comments: