02 March, 2011

Sticky songs

While I was away this last weekend I went into a shop that had some horrible background music and one of the songs stuck in my head.  It was that Kenny Loggins song "House at Pooh Corner".  TERRIBLE song.  And yet it kept playing and playing.  I managed to banish it on Sunday, finally.  But now I have a Shawn Colvin song, "Monopoly" is what it's called.  It's a beautiful song, but oh so sad.  I wish there was a  product like TuneUp to clean all the sad songs off my iPod. 

I tried to run yesterday but it was raining too hard and I just turned around and came back.  I can't run today because of noon knitting so no matter what, I must run tomorrow or I will surely go mad.  Not to mention I need the exercise.  I don't like how I  look these days.

And no knitting again last night.  I don't know what's gotten into me!  I am going to take my Cloisonne Jacket home with me tonight.  I only have about 3 more rows of color work to do, then it's smooth sailing and maybe that will get me out of my slump.  It's not just boring stockinette.  There will be shaping and the lace to do on the sleeves. 

Early meeting this morning.  Time for one more cup of tea.

No comments: