22 February, 2012

And we wait

And wait and wait and wait.  This is very annoying, but I'm just getting on with my life.  What else can I do?  I can put my nose to the screen and get on with it.  Sooner or later we'll get the call and either go on with the trial or have another date in the near future.  The most annoying part is having to drive in and carry a change of clothes with me.  That's not the end of the world now, is it?  It's all for a good cause.  Me.  Oh, and the other annoying part is that I can't run at lunchtime because I have to be ready to look presentable.  I will make up for it as soon as I can!

After being off work for two days last week one would think I'd been really really busy, but thankfully it's not so.  I did take care of a few emergent things while I was laid up, but this is a lull in my year where I typically start new long term projects and I've got two of those on the burners.  That means I can be wound up about this trial thing and not have it impact my work. 

This weekend is a wonderful benefit party that I am SO looking forward to attending.  My friend John's daughter works for the charity and she mentioned the fund raiser when we were out on Hood Canal at John's "cabin".  So not only do I get to spend time with John, one of my favorite buddies, but my friend Andy is coming too, and I get to dress up, drink, gamble and bid on things!  Oh, and I don't have to drive!  Win win win win and win.

Noon knitting today.  I was going to bring the new scarf I had started this weekend, but brought the little cashmere cardigan start instead.  They're both lovely projects with awesome yarn but I've been neglecting it, so today I'm going to show it some love.

No comments: