07 February, 2012

Spring preview continues

One more day of beautiful sunny skies and mild weather!  It's such a nice break from the clouds and rain.  Things are starting to bloom too, because when I was walking Tink last night I could smell something beautiful.  But the forecast is still for rain later this week.  I signed up for the race anyway.  I didn't get to run yesterday so now I will have to run today, tomorrow before noon knitting and Thursday, then take Friday for a rest day and I'll be set for Saturday.  I like this race -- it starts at the very civilized hour of 9:30 on Saturday.  And since it's at the lake I can just take the bus from my apartment and not have to mess with parking.  Can you tell I'm looking forward to it?  I got all the ingredients for my night before race dinner.  I have found that the traditional pre-race pasta dinner does work well for me.  I usually have a piece of baked chicken and then make a pasta sauce with some fresh tomatoes, garlic, olive oil and whatever else is to hand and toss it with a little pasta.  And then in the morning about an hour before I head out I have cereal and fruit and maybe some toast or yogurt.  It works quite well for me so I am not going to mess with the formula.

I enjoyed a quiet evening, no knitting, just a little phone time and a couple of doggie walks, then it was to bed early with a book.  I know it sounds boring, but it was really nice.  I read until I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer and then slept like a rock.  At certain times of the night, when I have the window open like now, I can pretend the traffic sound is the ocean.  That doesn't work any time after 4:30 am, but otherwise it's not so bad.  In another few weeks I'm going to have to start using the sleep mask for the weekends.  It was quite bright this past weekend and if I had wanted to sleep in it would not have been easy.


No comments: