10 February, 2012

I was wrong

My run yesterday was NOT a good run, as I had predicted.  It was still drizzling and I had a great start and I may have started out a bit fast, but that wasn't the main problem.  On Tuesday I had walked up to the bank before having my run, and the route I took on my run back to work was quite hilly, so that by yesterday I was feeling it in my tush and calves.  So it wasn't the greatest but the good news is that I'm no longer sore, and today I will just have a nice long walk, a good dinner and hope to really be energized and ready tomorrow morning.  Either way, fast race or slow, I'll have a good time.  And then I'll take myself out for a treat.  Usually I go out to a nice lunch after a race, but tomorrow I might postpone the fun to later and have a drink or two at the Indian place up the street and bring home something nice to eat.

Because of the drizzle I wore my Seahawks cap and put my hair back yesterday and when I got changed out of my running clothes my hair looked like I had stuck my finger in a light socket!  I couldn't tame it down either, which was too bad because I had some shopping to do after work and I looked like a bag lady, with my black raincoat and grey fedora with bushy wild hair sticking out all over.  Lucky for me I saw no one I knew.

The new issue of Interweave Knits arrived in my mailbox yesterday and I must say, it was a disappointment.  It wasn't until 7:30 when I was able to sit down and finally take a look at it, and I am saying this after only once through, but nothing grabbed me in there at all.  That is unusual.  IK always seems to have one or two things in an issue that I am super keen on, but not this one.  I will keep it out and give it another go through, but .... I don't have much hope.  Which isn't a big deal, since I have way too many projects right now anyway.

I must finish up those mittens this weekend.  And then I hope I can twist my own arm to finish up something that's been laying around.  I could sew up the Tepozlan I finished a year ago, or finish the button bands on the Cloisonne jacket.  Either project is only a few hours away from done.  Now that there's no more football, maybe I'll get off my procrastinating behind and do it!

No comments: