23 February, 2012

We go today!

The word finally came to us yesterday afternoon that we are scheduled to begin the trial at 1:30 today.  It won't be finished by 4:30, so it will continue next Tuesday at 9:30.  It seems a long time, but the court doesn't hear trials on Friday and on Monday there is a conference the judges will be attending.  So ... I am very glad I have a nice party to look forward to this weekend to at least keep part of my mind busy.

I have read through all of the trial documents my lawyer sent me and I'm feeling as if I'm in very good hands.  One can never be confident in a situation like this.  Divorce, especially one with odd circumstances, is never cut and dried.  But I do feel that I am with a very competent person by my side.  Plus, all of the positive thoughts coming my way from friends and family doesn't hurt either!

Lucky for me, after I got the news I did have a project to keep me occupied until it was time to go home, otherwise I would have been good for nothing!  I am working from home today and also have a few things to keep me busy until it's time to shower and change and head out.

I kept myself busy last night with phone calls and knitting and actually had a pretty good night's sleep.  I am refreshed, cautiously optimistic and read to get this thing over with.

Fingers crossed everybody!

1 comment:

Speattle said...

Good luck!