21 February, 2012

So now I wait

Even though a judge was assigned to my case last March, she cannot hear the case and so we are all waiting.  The court calls it being "on call" and it is exactly that.  If a judge become available this afternoon we will get a call and away we go.  If not then we wait for tomorrow, and so on.  I do believe if we go for a week without getting a judge then it is re-assigned for further down the road.  It is nerve racking to say the least.

Most likely because of the stress I was hit hard with some sort of virus last week.  If it hadn't been for Tink I would have been in bed all Thursday and Friday, but she needs to go out a couple times a day, so I got out for some air too.  By Friday afternoon I was feeling more normal, oh but when I woke up all I wanted was a massage!  You  know when you just ache all over?  I could have gone to the spa and just soaked in the baths, but I don't think it's right to go out in a public place like that where everyone is naked when you don't feel well.  So I suffered, since my bathtub is not for lounging.

Friday evening a work friend came over to test the healing powers of Tito's Handmade Vodka.  Not one to stand in the way of science, I gave it a go.  Saturday morning I woke up at 11 am!  I can't remember how long it's been since I had such a sleep in.  But I felt terrific!  So I guess the vodka worked.

I was so far ahead of myself with my chores, not wanting to do laundry on a Sunday if I can at all help it, that I was at loose ends at 3 o'clock and decided to drive out to Tuesday Morning for a browse.  I found a nice scented candle and a jar of green olives and ... big find ... four skeins of a 50/50 merino and silk blend yarn that is perfect for a scarf pattern I have been wanting to make.  I haven't bought any yarn in a year, so this was a perfect little treat and I took it home and got right to work.

Sunday also was quiet.  We had another few walks.  The walks on Saturday were tough because the wind was blowing and it was very cold.  We walked over to the mall on Sunday (Tink is very popular at the mall) so I could get some moisturizer and the woman behind the counter was saying she heard we were going to have more snow.  So far, no snow but plenty of rain.

Oh and yesterday.  Yes, I came in to work on a holiday!  I was so out of it that I completely forget about the holiday.  I rode all the way in on the bus, wondering where all the people were.  Got to the office and couldn't get in because my Prox card is in my desk drawer (no comments please) and so I turned around and went right back home.  Tink was confused.

And now I have got to take care of some of this mess.  My office looks like papers have been tossed all over the place and in fact, they have.

No comments: