02 February, 2012

This is what I'm talking about

Tuesday I felt like I was running uphill all day -- through mud and on sand.  It was a slog.  Yesterday?  Just the opposite.  I had a fantastic day!  I had back to back meetings in the morning and they both went very well and in fact I got a HUGE compliment from one of the deans -- he said my idea was brilliant.  Nice.  Just a great day followed by a relaxing evening.  I was tired and didn't want to do anything but veg out and go to bed early, which is what I did.  I didn't even read and I slept like a log.  And now we have a beautiful morning and the sun is out so it will be fantastic weather for a run at noon.  We're supposed to have clear skies and moderate temperatures through the weekend.

At noon knitting yesterday I just messed up my convertible mitten tops and had to rip everything out and start over.  I didn't pick them up last night but I've been thinking about the problem I was having.  We had a new person in our group and I was yapping and listening and not paying enough attention so that after I finished knitting across the top of the first mitten and let go of one of the needles I got confused.  I've done this maneuver more than a few times and it is tricky getting the first row across the top of the gloves and then working across the cast on stitches for the palm side of the top, but I'm not usually trying to do it while carrying on a conversation.  Tonight I'm going to make it easy on myself and hook the cast on row to the body with removable stitch markers and it should go much more smoothly. 

As soon as I can get a good idea of the weather forecast for the weekend of the 11th I will sign up for the race.  I think I have to do it by Monday or Tuesday, and I should know if we're going to continue with the mild weather or end up stormy and cold.  It's always a gamble in February.


No comments: