13 February, 2012

Hooray for Paypal!

I finally got the emails this morning from Paypal saying they were refunding all of the fraudulent charges made on my iTunes account from that hacking last week.  That is great news!  The process was really quite painless.  And yes, I have unlinked my Paypal account from my iTunes. 

Saturday was the Love 'em or Leave 'em 5K.  It started at a very civilized hour, so I didn't have to get up at the crack of dawn, which was nice.  The sky was cloudy, but there were patches of blue showing through, so I wore a rain jacket -- actually my old biking jacket which is water resistant, and left my hat.  I caught the bus  and it was just starting to sprinkle.  Luckily it stopped by the time I got off the bus and started walking towards the start line.  This race, unlike every other 5K at Green lake, starts on the far west side of the lake so I got to warm up on my walk over there, which was about a mile from where the bus dropped me off.  Another bad thing about this course is that there is a bottleneck about a minute into the race where the crowd is funneled off of the street and back onto the lake path.  If one starts the race on the other side of the lake then there are not a million and one people trying to get through that bottleneck, but this race stops DEAD!  I must have lost a good 30 seconds in that mess.  I felt strong and I had a good race with some gas left in the tank for a push at the end.  I did come in under 36 minutes, but I could have done better it if weren't for the hold up.  I'm happy with my time though. 

It was pretty cold and while it wasn't raining the wind was blowing.  I put my coat back on and started walking to the bus stop, continuing around the lake rather than back tracking.  It was a bit further to the bus stop, but it was in the direction of my apartment.  Oh, but I got so very very cold on the way to the bus, and then I had to stand and wait for about 15 minutes.  I could have continued on walking home, but frankly I was beat!  I had walked more than a mile from the first bus to the race, ran just over 3 miles, and then walked another mile and a half to the bus.  I couldn't move another inch!  By the time I got home I was a block of ice.  I stood under the shower until I ran out of hot water.  That revived me somewhat.  Then I gave Tink a little walk - more walking!! -- and ran to the grocery store, then had a bit of lunch and a little nap.  And for a treat that evening I went out for a couple of martinis, got a big ego boost, and came home and had pizza and a movie.  Quite an indulgent evening.

Sunday after a doggie walk and a little shopping and a few chores I settled down to finish up the convertible mittens.  I am done with mittens.  D-O-N-E  I believe I have explored them sufficiently.  Next time I want convertible mittens or gloves I will buy them.  And then what did I do?  Did I pick up an unfinished project and get to work?  Nope, I did not.  First I took out the lovely cashmere lace weight yarn I have been hoarding for a few years and wound it into two balls, and then I cast on for another Whisper Cardigan.  I really do need a plain black cardigan and this is going to be perfect.  Lovely soft cashmere, and so light!  I didn't get a really huge start on it, but a few rows in.  I also made a pot of soup and watched a movie and made a delicious steak for dinner.  I haven't had a steak for ages and I haven't cooked one for myself in even longer.  It was sooooooo good.  That's a treat.

No comments: