31 May, 2012

100% humidity

Also known as rain. It's going to be a soggy outing at lunchtime if it doesn't lighten up.  No matter, I've got to get out and run today.  I really need the endorphins.  It's not that cold, thankfully.  I've got my old biking jacket and a baseball cap to wear if it's still raining hard when the time comes.  I got another check for the dinner and golf tournament - that's two to go into the bank today!  That's pretty good but I've got a way to go yet before I can relax about it.  Now I know why the other woman would get so wound up over this event.  People don't commit until the very last minute and you're left holding the bag for 20 greens fees and a catering bill. 

It is so hard to wake up when it's gloomy like this for days on end!  And I didn't sleep well last night because of my allergies.  For some reason ... I guess something I am particularly allergic to, duh .... I was awake and sneezing and coughing around 1.  That so rarely happens to me, but when it does it's very disruptive.  I had to get up and get some water, take a Benadryl and wait until I could breath again.  Crazy!  I am glad to know I'm not the only one who is suffering particularly this spring.  My boss was talking about it yesterday as well.  The cotton woods are nearly done and then I should be back to normal.  And speaking of back to normal .... my eye is almost there!  Almost all the swelling has gone down.  It's still a bit itchy but much better.

Yesterday afternoon I finished the weaving in of ends and binding off of pockets and neck on my cardigan.  I took it up last night to start sewing the pockets onto the body but really couldn't get into it, so I put it aside and I'll take it to my friend's knitting lunch on Saturday.  That way I can have company while I do the most tedious of chores.  I broke my yarn diet yesterday and splurged on two skeins of Dream in Color Starry to make a scarf for my sister.  It's a gorgeous deep teal and the pattern is for a fringed scarf exactly the style my sister has been looking for.  It will be well worth the splurge if she likes the pattern.  And if  not, I can keep it.  So knowing that was on its way I couldn't justify starting that Henley I want to do, so I took up the yarn and needles that I've been carrying with me on my last few trips and cast on for either socks or gloves.  They both start the same way and now when I travel I'll have something already started that I can pick up and knit on.  I wonder if that'll make any difference? 

Now my chore today is to banish the gloom.  Gloom-B-Gone.  I'll find some somewhere!

No comments: