05 September, 2012

Are you ready for some football?

The season opens tonight this year -- odd, being on a Wednesday.  Usually the season opens on a Monday night game.  I have a player on my fantasy team playing tonight so it's my season opener as well.  I'm not that crazy about my draft this year.  But it goes that way sometimes.  And it will take a few weeks for my mistakes to make themselves known.

The first day of class went quite well yesterday.  It is the first time that all of the students got the first quiz done all on line.  And I think only three or four of them had to borrow an instructor's computer to do it.  It's a record.

And speaking of records - it hasn't rained in Seattle now for over 40 days!  The air quality is going down and I suspect that's the cause of my respiratory oddness these past few days.  I ran yesterday and even though I took a couple of puffs from my inhaler, which is what I do before every run because I have exercise induced asthma, I was still laboring for breath by the first mile.  This does not bode well for a good run this Sunday, although we will be running around the lake and the air is bound to be a bit fresher there since the wind blow almost constantly along the southern shore.  I am now doubly glad I signed up for the race in October.  Even if I have a crappy time this coming Sunday I have a race in October to look forward to.

Today was going to be the day I get my picture done for my replacement passport but it looks like I'm going to have to wait one more day.  It wasn't until I was nearly out the door that I remembered I wanted to take care of that today, but I don't like the top I'm wearing.  I mean I like it okay, but it's not a good picture top.  One more day isn't going to make a difference.  I'll get it done this week for sure.

I finished an audiobook this morning.  It was a disappointment - too science fiction for my taste.  And after that orgy of the Queens and then a couple of Victorian period ones, too far the other way.  I'm going to take my time picking this next one.  I kind of wish I hadn't gotten the iPad version of "Vengeance" and had instead listened to it, but that's water under the bridge.  I think I'll check my Amazon queue and see what is coming up.

Noon knitting today and Monika is out sick.  It's going to be quiet.  I should have brought those socks in to Kitchner in company. Oh well ...

No comments: