25 September, 2012

Let me add my voice

The Seahawks beat Green Bay last night on Monday Night Football.  The Packers!  This should be fantastic news but in fact it is just the latest and, hopefully, last huge mistake the replacement refs have made.  The NFL and the regular refs are having some sort of standoff so they are on strike and the NFL is left with replacement referees who are not even high level college refs, since college football is going on right now, but lower level and they are terrible.  In preseason everyone was giving them a break because we all know preseason doesn't count and a deal with the new refs would certainly be hammered out in time.  But it hasn't and it is now week three.  Last night's game was the worst botch of all -- yes I know, even though the Seahawks won.  I haven't had time to read the commentary yet but I will bet a deal is in place by the end of the week after this debacle.

The good news is that I am 3rd in my fantasy league!  If my players can get healthy I should be able to give number one a run for his money this week.  It is much more fun when I'm winning. 

While I was watching the game last night I did another repeat and a half on the Argosy Wrap.  Now that I know the pattern better it is good football knitting.  This thing is going to be HUGE!  I am getting anxious to start a real project though and I have yarn and patterns for a hoodie and a henley and a jacket ... well, I have plenty of projects to pick up.  I just need it to be a little less like summer and I can wait for that.

My boss has offered me tickets to see the Huskies play Stanford Thursday night.  Since the stadium is being remodeled they are playing at Qualcom - the Seahawks stadium.  Oh, and the weather is going to be great as well!  Can't wait!

No comments: