11 September, 2012

The fashion parade

Some days my ride into work is populated with nondescript individuals going about the business of getting to work or school.  Today though was not one of those days.  It was as if most people woke up to find that their mirrors had been stolen in the night.  Delightful!  There were two in particular that stuck out from the garish crowd this morning, although in retrospect the second one could have been a walk of shame victim as well as having bad taste.   The first that caught my eye was a young girl walking ahead of me on the way to the second bus.  First I noticed her mens suit jacket with a chiffon blouse peeking out from the hem - cute.  Charcoal leggings - also cute.  But then ... what do we have on the feet?!?  Bedroom slippers!  Brown clog bedroom slippers with fur trim.  Kind of like Uggs, only cut as a clog.  And perhaps they were Uggs and this is a fashion shoe.  Fine -- but NOT with that cute suit jacket and leggings!  And I'm not even going to touch on the inappropriate accessories.  [meow] 

The second one - now that I have thought more on it MUST be a walk of shame victim.  A transgendered individual - guy - wearing a purple sun dress (it's not even 60 degrees out this morning), with a white scarf wrapped around his head and hanging down to cover his short hair and carrying a little turquoise fake fur purse.  I tried not to stare.  I didn't want to be rude.  So I missed the footwear.  But oh my goodness - the poor guy!  I'll bet he wished he had saved enough money for cab fare. 

And that's all the catty business of the day.  I can't help myself sometimes.

There were two Monday Night Football games last night but I didn't watch all of them.  I kept up because I had players in each of the two games and one of my guys got injured.  But not until he had made enough points for me that I won my matchup!  I am 4th in total points.  Not a bad start, although I've got a little work to do this week to shore up my team. 

On the TO-DO list today - get my passport name change sent in!!!  I got so busy yesterday it completely slipped my mind.  I MUST get it done asap!  In two weeks I can seriously shop for my ticket.  Although I don't need my passport number to buy my ticket.  Still - I need to get it done.  Today.  For sure. 

No comments: