13 September, 2012

Why does this bother me so much?

Yesterday I had another group of students coming by to look at their exam results.  Without exception, each and every one of them thanked me for my time and most of them encouraged me to "Enjoy the rest of your day"!  I know they're just being polite, but do you have any idea how difficult it was for me to abstain from a smarty pants comment?  REALLY difficult.  But I made it through the morning.

And yes I truly did manage to get my passport renewal in the mail.  I have plenty of time now for it to be processed.  Even if they take the full six weeks I'll still have a good cushion of time before I need it. 

Speaking of time .... It has been nearly 3 weeks since I ordered my new glasses.  I phoned them for the third time yesterday and found out that the lab had made my regular glasses, but were not sure the measurements were correct for the sunglasses, so they want new measurements taken before they make them.  But the idiots at the lab never told anyone at the optical department!!  They only found out yesterday when they (finally!!) called to find out what was holding up the sunglasses!!  That is the worst customer service I have experienced in a long time.  I drove in today so that I can stop on my way home, pick up my new glasses and have them re-measure for the sunglasses.  And they'd better put a rush on it.  Ridiculous.

I got back into my Argosy Wrap yesterday at noon knitting.  I had been confused about the part I am currently working on.  I discovered my error right away - no, that's not correct.  I had been confused because I read through the instructions for part 2 and couldn't understand how the stitch count was staying the same through the 8 row repeat when it started with an 8 stitch decrease.  I couldn't find where the eight stitches reappeared.  But when I read through it again yesterday it because clear.  I don't know how I missed it in the first place.  So I had a nice, relaxing evening working on it until the battery died in my  iPad.  (This pattern is in my iBooks app on my iPad).  I have an external battery on order just for this type of  emergency.  But I had to put it away last night.  The iPad is fully charged today so I hopefully can keep up the momentum on this project. 

The big news yesterday is the new iPhone.  My iPhone is only a 3GS and I am looking forward to getting this new one.  I only hope my old phone can last for another week.  It is starting to do strange things so I am hoping it's not going to crash too soon. 

I got a new audiobook yesterday so Pandora Radio is going to take a rest for a few weeks.  But I heard this one yesterday.  So here's another musical interlude.

No comments: