27 September, 2012

My friend Snopes

I don't spend a lot of time on Facebook.  I very rarely post even, except when I'm traveling then I'll "check in" with my location and a picture.  What I mostly do is read the things my friends and relatives post, look at their picture and maybe make a comment.  I do get a bit exercised when people forward and post utterly ridiculous things and lately I've begun making a little issue of it.  There is a web site called Snopes.  It chases down internet rumors and "facts" and then declares them either true or false or based on the truth ... whatever.  When someone I know posts one of these idiotic, often incendiary, "facts" I immediately go to Snopes, look it up and post the link saying it is not true.  Am I being too picky?  I don't think so.  I think accuracy is important. 

Yesterday was a super busy day.  No knitting.  No running.  Just work work work.  I didn't get home until after 6.  But the exam was taken and I got all of the grades done and ready for the chairs to read by 5.  There is always a social hour(s) after the exams with beer and pizza so I stopped by for a nice cold Stella and a slice of pizza and a little chat.  Today I am leaving early because .... football!!  My chair has given me his football tickets for tonight.  It's Huskies vs Stanford.  It's not usual for college games to be played on a weeknight, but this is a big nationally televised game.  I am very excited!  I just hope they don't get crushed.  Nobody expects them to win, but it would be nice if it were a close game at least.

Today could be the day that the house deal is done done done.  Fingers crossed.  Keep breathing.

No comments: