21 September, 2012

No fibbing needed

Vacation request went through without a hitch, as I knew it would.   Why is it some people just love to stir the pot and try to make trouble?  I suspect it's because their lives are so miserable they want to drag anyone they can along.  I have other plans.

It was very busy yesterday and I got tired quickly.  At 3 o'clock I headed out, picked up my sunglasses and went home to collapse.  But first I game Tink a nice walk in the sunshine.  I have a new audiobook that I am trying not to listen to every second of the day, but dog walking is one of the permitted times.  The good news is that it's the first of several in a series.  I love historical fiction and this is that with a twist.  It takes place about 40 years in the future in Oxford.  Time travel is used by historians to go back in time to observe and this is the story of a trip taken by a girl to medieval time.  I just love it!  

That was pretty much it for my evening.  A little dinner, a little TV and early to bed.  I feel pretty much normal today with the exception of a teensie little cough.  I can't believe I slept away nearly an entire week!  Now I've one week less to get ready for the Dawg Dash, but that's how it goes.  I just have to stay healthy for the next few months!!

No Husky football tomorrow.  I do have a million and one errands to do.  And I'd like to get rid of a few more books.  I need to get organized but I still haven't managed to sell that roll top desk!  I hate to lower the price on it any further but I suspect I'm going to have to do just that if I want to get rid of it.  I can't put the rest of my new desk together until that one is out of there.  Maybe one more weekend.

No comments: