04 September, 2012

September madness

Today starts the 5 weeks of anatomy madness.  I was awake super early this morning.  These are the days when it is not good for me to be late so I am here bright and early, all set to go.

The weekend was just wonderful!  The perfect way to rest up for this crazyness.  I thought I was getting sick Friday, so after my meeting and getting all my ducks in a row, I took off early and headed home to nip this cold in the bud.  I needed to run a quick errand however.  My real estate agent had a check for me from my ex- who wanted to buy my bedroom set.  That was perfect!  I sure didn't have to have to deal with it  and have to store it or try to get it sold between the time he moved out and the new owners moved in.  So I picked up the check and went straight to the bank and cashed it.  Then I just chilled the rest of the evening and I woke up on Saturday feeling almost right.  I still had a bit of a cough and was congested but I headed off a full blown cold. 

I bought a cute little dining room table and a very cool desk top and a leg/cabinet.  I still need to get the other leg which is drawers but it is back ordered.  No matter.  No hurry.  That big oak desk is still there.  Nobody seems to want to buy it - or at least not for what I have it listed for on Craigslist.  I cut the price and I'll let it sit there for another week.  Somebody is going to want it. 

Then it was Saturday night and the Huskies first game!  They didn't have a super tough opponent and so they won.  Next week is going to be a much tougher game.

Weather wise it was just perfect all weekend long.  Not too hot and not too chilly.  Sunday was Bumbershoot and the main reason for going this year was to see Tony Bennett.  He is 87 years old and still going strong.  He is remarkable.  Besides him we saw and heard some awesome jazz, a wonderful R&B group ... well, too much to even try to describe.  And that fun day was capped off with my fantasy draft.

I had to rest up yesterday after all that fun.  A quick trip to the mall where I got some pretty dining room chair covers and a few others things, and then it was Shelley time.  Lots of relaxing and knitting.  I managed to finish up those socks last night.  I just need to Kitchner them together.

It will be a busy week but tomorrow I am going to make a very big effort to get my picture taken so that I can get my passport renewed.  Only 11 1/2 weeks to go before I need it.

No comments: