26 September, 2012

Who could rant on a day like this?

It is early early autumn and today is a picture perfect autumn day.  It was just a little foggy but as I was driving in it was lifting and you could tell when it was gone it was going to be clear, blue skies.  And it is!  It's not very warm yet, but so very very pretty. 

Oh but I guess I could rant just a little bit.  Maybe the rant will help me decide what I'm going to do about this situation.  One of the reasons I didn't take this office when it was first offered to me - when we moved back into our remodeled office space a couple of years ago - is that I would have to be working in close proximity with a woman best taken in small doses.  But after those dark years in the closet I thought it worth the risk.  How long have I been here now?  Has it even been three months?  Anyway, she bothers me even more than I had thought possible!  She takes complaining to new heights.  On Monday she spent more than thirty minutes - it was thirty minutes from when I started taking notice so probably more like 45 - complaining loudly on the telephone to Metro about her bus service, and the bus drivers, and the parking lot and .... on and on and on and on and on!!  Unbelievable!  Next time she starts in like that again I know what I'm going to do.  I am going to get up and close her office door.  I could close mine, but closing hers would perhaps send the message I am wanting to send more clearly.  Yes yes of course I could try to ignore it and I have been ignoring it.  But oh my heavens, sometimes it is unbearable. 

Although it's Wednesday there will be no noon knitting for me because I have an exam to proctor at 12:30.  Then there's the social hour after so I brought Tink in with me since I won't be getting home until nearly six.  I am looking forward to our 11 am walk though since it is so beautiful outside (see above).

More than anything I want to start making concrete plans for my November trip and it is all I can do to hold off.  But I need to wait until the house is closed and I get things squared away.  Maybe by Friday I can start!  I haven't been able to run ... wow!  It's been 2 and 1/2 weeks!  I took a week off after the race, then I got sick for that next week and this week I simply haven't had a free moment -- plus I'm still coughing a bit from the sick week.  Maybe Thursday I can run.  That will take a little of the edge off and maybe I can even wait until Monday to start planning!

No comments: