28 September, 2012

Incredible!

What an astonishing football game last night!  The Huskies knocked off the #8 team, Stanford, in an amazing game.  I am so grateful to my boss for giving me those tickets, although I felt a little guilty being there instead of him.  But he watched it on TV so he could multitask.  I took some video of the pandemonium after the game when all the students came pouring out of the stands to celebrate with the football team.  Here is a still from that video.  I am surprised I can even speak this morning after all the screaming.

And speaking of this morning, here's what I saw when I was giving Tink her morning stroll around the courtyard.  Two rainbows.  It looks a little washed out here.  The light wasn't that great, but you can get the idea.  Pretty special.  Hoorah for Friday. 

The only thing that could make this day better is a call from my real estate agent.  We were supposed to be done yesterday and I didn't hear a thing from her.  I guess I'll call her if I don't hear this morning.   I am anxious to start plans for my November trip, now only 7 1/2 weeks away.  Good thing I've got lots of work to keep me busy today or I'd be pacing the halls.

Big chore weekend coming up.  Since the Huskies have already played I don't have to find time for football tomorrow and good thing, because it's house cleaning and laundry and shopping, Tink bathing  .... all those time consuming chores that must be done.  Plus I do need to make myself a schedule (and stick to it) regarding divesting myself of a few hundred books, a desk, clothes ... I've got my work cut out for me, that's for sure.  Hopefully I can find a quiet minute or three to do some knitting.


No comments: