07 September, 2012

Getting things done

Finally!  I finally got around to getting my picture done for my new passport.  I can pick them up today so Monday I will fill out the paperwork and get that sent off!  And now there is only one more thing to change and that's my Husky card account.  I hate the picture on it anyway, so it'll be a joy to fix.  I'll put that on the list for Monday as well.

This Sunday is my race and thankfully I had a decent and strong run yesterday because today I'll most likely not get a chance to run.  We have our first exam today, which ends at 11:30 and then I've got to get the grades together as well as a bunch of other stuff for the meeting at 1.  But that's okay.  It's good to be well rested for the race.  The weather is going to be radically different, with a marine layer moving in Saturday night to cool it way down.  And then we might even have some rain on Monday!  Wouldn't that be something?

I was too tired and hot to do anything but slob around last night.  I need a good, big knitting project but it is still too warm to get into something like that.  I could have Kitchner-ed those sock toes, couldn't I?  Maybe this weekend.  Instead I had a quiet evening, read until my eyes wouldn't stay open and slept the sleep of the just.  And that's most likely what I'll be doing tonight as well.  I have a million and one errands to run tomorrow including picking up my race packet and, hopefully, my new glasses and contacts.  It's been two weeks and I've been out of contacts for a full week.  At any rate I'll stop by and get some to tide me over.  This is getting ridiculous.  I'm kind of irked about it.  I could have bought them myself from LensExpress and had them in three days.

 Okay ... well, not it's time to get ready for this exam.  I'd better wake up a little bit more.

No comments: