20 June, 2013

Indian Feathers finished

At noon knitting yesterday I started adding the gold border at the neckline and I finished binding off last night, using JSSBO (Jen's Super Stretchy Bind Off).  Next step, of course, is to block it.  But the only two places where I can fully stretch this thing out the way I want to is either my bed (seen here) or the kitchen floor.  Since I wanted to sleep in my bed, that was out.  And since I don't have enough blocking mats for the kitchen floor, that was out too.  I bought blocking mats from KnitPicks - 9 12x12 mats for $24.99, which is ridiculous.  I got onto Amazon and found a baby play mat made from the same material, 24 12x12 pieces for $14.99.  However, when you add in the shipping it comes to $27, but still that's a bargain compared to what one would pay for only nine of them at KnitPicks, so I ordered them.  They should be here early next week and since I'm going out of town tonight, it's not a big deal.  I am going to get the beads for the fringe this afternoon before my hair appointment.  This is going to be a super awesome scarf/shawl when I'm done.  The yarn is silk and so as you can imagine, the drape is out of this world.  I don't think I would have had enough of the cream color to finish off the last few rows AND do fringe, so I used the gold and then I'll put gold and cream fringe on it with gold beads.  Stay tuned.  I am super happy with this project.

This morning I tried out my new work out routine - up early for 30 minutes on the treadmill.  I am most definitely NOT a morning person, but I used to work out in the morning while I was rehabbing my knee so I could run again.  I did step aerobics for about an hour, showered and biked to work and I felt great plus had the work out finished and the rest of the day was mine.  Today I got right up when the alarm went off, put my clothes on and was on the treadmill spot on 6 am.  Running on a treadmill is different than running on the streets but I think I can get used to it.  I did forget to take my inhaler puffs before I set out so I was wheezing a bit by the end, but not as much as I would have been had I run outside.  My doctor has been bugging me to run inside anyway, especially during allergy season.  So, we'll see how this goes.  The key, for me, is to not even think about it.  I have all the clothes and shoes set out in the bathroom, get up when the alarm goes off and just get moving.  I wake up while I'm running. 

Today is my Friday.  I am looking forward to a weekend at the beach, Ocean Shores, but the weather is not going to be terrific.  I don't care.  As I said, as long as it's not pouring rain it'll be fun.

No comments: