24 June, 2013

What luck!

The weather could not have been better this past weekend at the ocean.  It was sunny and warm and not windy.  Just gorgeous!  What a perfect way to start the summer.  There was lots of good food and walks on the beach.  Tink had a wonderful time too.  She loves the beach and got plenty of beach time.  I actually had to come back to the house early on Sunday because I was getting too much sun and nobody had brought an umbrella or canopy down to the beach.  I can't take that direct sun.  And Tink was pretty hot.  Oh and dirty! 

Sunday it clouded up and started raining and it is really coming down today.  I got up and was on the treadmill by 6 am this morning.  I wasn't feeling great but I can't let myself think too much.  I just get on the treadmill and run.  But my stomach is not in very good shape this morning.  I don't know how long I'm going to be able to stay here.  I thought I was going to be sick on the bus coming in!  Not a very comfortable spot to be in.

I was very disappointed that my yarn splurge hadn't been delivered.  I was looking forward to starting a new project while I wait for the blocking pads to block that Indian Feathers shawl.  But even though I signed the form to have the mailman re-deliver the package they did not do it.  So I got on line last night and scheduled it for today and asked them to leave it with the office.  Let's hope they do.  I want that yummy yarn!

Fasting days this week are Tuesday and Thursday.  I think I will leave those as the days unless I find it too difficult to run on Wednesday and Friday.  I'll need a couple of weeks to get a real feel for it.  I was surprised last week that I wasn't hungrier on the fasting days.  The carrots helped.  They're filling and I could have something crunchy between  "meals".

Well ... I'd better dig in and see if I can get some work done.  Maybe I'll start feeling better when I get this tea in me.

No comments: