12 June, 2013

Late spring showers

The window from my office opens into a courtyard.  When I looked out yesterday when I was getting ready to change for my run the pavement looked a bit wet but since I didn't see any raindrops I didn't think any more about it.  When I came out of the building it was raining.  Not sprinkling.  Raining big fat drops.  I hadn't put a hat on because nor did I have a waterproof jacket, but I knew if I went back downstairs to my office I would talk myself out of going and I am quite determined to keep to my running schedule of 4 times a week, so off I went in the rain.  It didn't stop until I had hit mile 2 and by that time I was soaked to the bone and my hair was soaked as well.  I was quite proud of myself for having made the entire 35 minutes feeling pretty strong.  Maybe I will not add another 5 minutes every week but wait for every second week.  I'd like to be able to do a 10K in September.

In the afternoon I had to proctor an exam, which is quite boring but I was listening to my audiobook so not that boring.  I am listening to Stone's Fall - an historic  novel.  It's rather business-y but interesting.  I like the author but I can't remember off the top of my head what was the book or book(s) I have read. 

I did a row and a half on my Indian Feathers and have brought it in to work for noon knitting today.  I wanted to do a little reading last night so went to bed a little early but ended up just reading the news for an hour and then I couldn't keep my eyes open.  Luckily Tink did not have to go out to pee in the middle of the night.  I had made double sure she had gone plenty at 7:15.  She sure was ready to get out this morning though.

Today first thing I am going to make my plane reservations for Mexico in January.  I know it is WAY far out there, but the friends I am going with say the plane fills up rapidly because it is the only direct flight from Seattle to Ixtapa, where we get the car to drive to Troncones.  So -- a long ways away but I will have my flight buttoned up.

No comments: