19 June, 2013

Seasonal weather

Unfortunately, seasonal weather for us in June is cloudy and cool.   The wind picked up yesterday (which could be the reason my allergies also kicked in) and blew the clouds in along with some cooler temperatures.  I don't think it's going to be very nice at the ocean this weekend but it doesn't really matter.  It should be fun if it doesn't pour down rain.  Tink will love her time on the beach and I plan on renting a scooter and driving around.  Maybe take a boat to Westport.  It does all depend on the weather, unfortunately.  More unfortunate for the people competing in the sand castle competition, I would imagine.

I am slogging through the stockinette portion of the Indian Feathers, trying to correct the disparity in number of stitches left at the end.  I figured out what the problem was -- I must have gone the wrong way a couple of times when I left the project in the middle of a row.  As I said, it's not going to be obvious but my main problem at this point is that I thought I would have enough to finish the project with one color but the closer I get to bind off the less likely it seems.  I might have to take it out and start the short rows over again.  I don't relish that.  What would be worse -- having fringe in a different color or having the last couple of rows in a different color?  That's what I have to figure out now.

Today is the last noon knitting with the group as it is now, because two of our members are moving to a satellite location.  Boo.  I'll still knit on Wednesday and hope that the others of us left will join me, but it will never be the same.

No comments: