24 October, 2013

My love/hate relationship with fog

Again this morning we have fog.  I think we have had it in the morning every day this week so far.  Traffic has been awful, my bus late arriving at work, accidents tying up the freeways.  But in the afternoon we get sunshine and beautiful clear blue skies.  I don't mind it.  I love running in fog - not dense fog but misty.  My hair on the other hand does not react well.  No matter how sleek and shiny it is when I walk out, when I get back indoors it is frizzy, which isn't a good look for anyone now, is it?  Nope.  But I would gladly trade frizzy hair for afternoon sunshine.

At noon knitting yesterday I did indeed finish those last two chart rows and got started on the border.  Oh I was so excited and really looking forward to working on it at home.  It is going to go quickly I think.  It wasn't until I was seated in the bus and it was pulling out of the stop that I realized I had left my knitting bag in my office!  Arghghghgh!  So no knitting for me.  Instead I did some laundry and explored a couple of shows on HBO I've been wanting to check out - one starring Steven Merchant called "Hello Ladies" (hilarious) and another with Chris O'Dowd called "Family Tree", also funny.  I watched both pilots.  Thank goodness for HBO Go app.  I wouldn't have found them otherwise.

Only two more days until vacation.  I have mixed feelings about it.  There is going to be a lot of work.  Painting is never fun and painting textured walls is even less fun.  Throw in some cathedral ceilings and you're talking zero fun factor.  But there will be a couple of days in Sequim on the beach thrown into the mix and there won't be painting every day AND I saved up my birthday 90 minute massage so ... there's that.

No comments: