20 June, 2014

A little springtime left

I woke up last night to the sound of rain.  Pouring rain.  Summer officially starts on Saturday and spring is making its last stand, I guess.  It's not raining this morning, so I don't mind.  In fact, I saw bits of blue sky up there.

I'm heading out after work to go up to Alderbrook, staying at a place right on the golf course.  I'm not going to golf this time though.  Monika doesn't golf and I don't think it's fair to leave her alone with Tinkerbell and go golfing with her husband and Ben.  Not fair at all.  So we'll sleep in and walk Tinkie and go into Shelton to the yarn shop and maybe even visit that cute art gallery I liked so much last time.  The weekend is supposed to be nice.

Emma is getting excited about our little road trip to Brugge.  She's found a dog friendly hotel that looks very cool.  I haven't been to Brugge since my very first time in Europe, the summer I turned sixteen.  A long long time ago.  I barely remember it, although I do remember it was lovely.  A lot like Amsterdam, with all the canals.  But in Belgium, so the beer is going to be delicious! Oh I can't wait!!

I had another great run yesterday.  This time I changed up my music to ballads and I realized I've been starting off too fast.  Slow and steady to start is the way to go.  Then I can pick up speed and I didn't have to stop at all until the very end.  Plus, I didn't need an extra puff again.  That's really good.

I have another busy day, plus I'm going to have to stay another hour until Monika is done with work and we can leave.  No matter.  I have my knitting with me. 

No comments: