25 June, 2014

Not in a very good mood

You know, I'm starting to think I should have stayed home today -- I'm in a terrible mood, I have a splitting headache and in fact I ache all over.  But I'm here now so I'll just get on with it.

As predicted, I had a super busy day yesterday. I had to put the chairman off until 2 pm to meet with him.  I had absolutely no time to run, but I did need to stop at the market so I took the opportunity to get at least some exercise and walked up to the grocery store at noon and then took the bus back.  I couldn't have run anyway if I had the time because in the morning when I was putting my apples away on the shelf I hit my knee on the sharp drawer pulls on my desk!  I mean I really hit it hard!  I nearly blacked out.  Good thing it's noon knitting today.

My big thrust is getting the new web site finished and up and running.  I was supposed to present at the faculty meeting so I could run the faculty through the new site, show them how to tweak their pages, etc.  So I had put off doing the fiddly bits because I had other things to take care of.  Now the faculty meeting is today but nobody is around to attend so we've put off the unveiling of the site for another few weeks.  But I still need to get it off my plate since I have a million and one other things that I need to attend to.  So today I should, hopefully, be able to finish that up and get on with some real work.  As I said, I need to get in a particular position before I can know I'll have a worry free vacation and by hook or by crook I will get there!!

I was pretty tired after the day I had and went home and did chores, my hair, cooked some dinner and then knit until I couldn't keep my eyes open.  No TV, nothing but the click of the needles and my thoughts whirring.  The Venomous Tentacula is zipping right along.  I brought it in for noon knitting rather than the Iwi.

Typical June gloom.  Maybe that's why I'm in such a bad mood?  The sun has been coming out in the afternoon.  I'd like some blue sky in the morning please.

No comments: