24 June, 2014

A sore throat in the summer???

Well that's now how we want the summer to start, is it?  My friend Bill got back from France last week, his wife was ill right away, but Bill came to work and then he was out on Friday.  Well he managed to leave a little something behind and I woke up yesterday with a blazing sore throat.  I stayed home but I'm in today.  I truly have just too much to do and I couldn't do it from home because I didn't have my laptop.  I skipped a meeting yesterday and did what I could from my iPad but today I am here.  I am doing better.  Yes, the throat is still sore, but the body aches have gone away so I think I'll be fine.  I'll get out at lunchtime for a nice walk.  Yesterday I stayed in bed all day long.  All.  Day.  Long.  Ick

The weekend was quite fun.  It took us over three hours to get up there though, because Monika thought the ferry across to Southworth would be the fastest way to go.  It turned out it was not, but no matter.  We still had plenty of daylight when we got up there.  Saturday, the first day of summer, was an absolutely gorgeous day!  Beautiful sunshine and quite warm.  We drove into Shelton to do a little shopping and poking around at galleries and parks.  Tink was happy walking around with us and getting all sorts of attention.  We found a funny little outside market where I bought some cookies in the shape of a Westie and a couple of pasties that had way too much crust and not near enough filling.  Our main goal was to find the seed beads I needed to start my Venomous Tentacula.  We had to start at Walmart (which was just as bad as those pictures on the internet) because there are very few stores in Shelton.  I got the crochet hook there but didn't even think to look for beads.  After spending the entire day going to the two yarn shops in Shelton and other odd places we went back to Walmart and they had tons of beads!  Then we went back and I got to start it.  Doing beads with a crochet hook takes a little getting used to but now I've got it and this thing is flying off my needles.  Maybe pictures tomorrow.


Sunday night I got a start.  Have you ever seen a bat?  Besides in the zoo I mean.  Well, check this out.  This was in the patio table umbrella, which hasn't been opened for nearly a year. That is a bat.  It was so small!  I thought it was a gigantic bumblebee for a second.  It was a little stunned but it woke up quick enough and few away.  Crazy!


I have tons of work to do and I had better get at it.  If I don't get everything buttoned up nice and tidy I won't be able to enjoy my vacation!

No comments: