03 June, 2014

Yup. The middle of the night.

I made my airport shuttle reservations yesterday and they are indeed picking me up in the middle of the night.  3:30 am to be exact.  Give or take 20 minutes.  But I just didn't have any other option.  I had to get that 6:30 am flight so that I could be there at the hotel, checked in and freshened up and ready to go at 6:30 pm.  Of course, I could indeed miss that first evening.  I did a few years ago when the meeting was in Portland, Oregon and I took the train down.  The train was running late and I was so late that there wasn't any room left in the meeting hotel and I got put into an even nicer hotel across the street.  I liked that. 

Even though I was totally groggy and sleep deprived yesterday I had my run and it was pretty good.  My allergies have been pretty bad lately and I needed to stop and have a couple of puffs on my inhaler about a half mile into the run, but after that it was fine.  But was very glad it was Do Nothing Monday, because when I got home that was what I did -- nothing.  I mean I walked Tink and played fetch and had some dinner.  As much as I wanted to do a little knitting I was just too out of it.  Truth be told, I was fast asleep by 9.  Maybe even 8:30.  Seriously.  I knew there was a good possibility that I'd wake up after a couple of hours but I was trying to read and my eyes kept closing.  I did wake up at 11 but I went right back to sleep.  I guess I was really sleep deprived.  We did get after it this weekend. 

Groggy as I was, I was tempted to just skim over an email I got in the late afternoon about some "minor" changes to the autumn schedule.  But I thought better of it and thankfully, too!  I caught an error made by the scheduler in the SOM and set it to rights, getting an "attaboy" from the boss in the process.  Hopefully today will be less stressful.  I don't mind busy.  I just don't like stress.

Here's something else I don't like - stinky people on the bus.  There's no getting away from it, but I can gripe about it now and again. 

No comments: