04 December, 2014

Dark dark dark dark

Despite the clear skies, it is so dark all of the time.  We are approaching the shortest day of the year and none too soon.  During the week it's hard for me to get any good sunlight.  Today I'm going to take my lunch hour to walk up to Trader Joe's.  I know it might be raining, but I don't care.  I need a little vitamin D.

I got two rows done at noon knitting yesterday on my "Jo's Pride".  So I now have six more rows to go of the edging chart and then I break it up into three - left, center and right.  I sincerely hope this starts to get easier.  I know it'll be a bit faster because it's a bottom up project so I've got as many stitches on the needles now as I will ever have.  My only concern is that the chart for the left and right sides has only been written for one side and you've got to read it backwards to do the other side.  What's the big deal, you say?  Trust me, it's not as simple as it sounds.  Hopefully I'll get the hang of it.  I am hoping the repeats are shorter than the 22-29 repeats I'm working with now.  That'll make it much easier.

I was so early to the parking garage again this morning.  I wish I had stopped for coffee but I was not sure exactly where to turn and I had someone right on my bumper, so I missed a Starbucks.  Ah well, no matter.  I've got a nice cup of tea now.  And at least it's warmer!  Thank goodness because I don't know how much more of that cold I could have taken!  It's tough when it comes so early in the season and so out of the blue.  Now we'll have some rain for a while.  I will try not to complain too much about it.

No comments: