06 January, 2006

Am I the worst dog mom in the world??

That is the question of the day. I know, really, that I'm not the worst of course. But a couple nights ago I knocked poor little Tink off the bed. Yes, it was an accident!! I rolled over in my sleep - actually did the old double roll over to the whole other side of the bed. I just wasn't thinking and she was at the foot of the bed and it just knocked her off! Poor little Tinkerbell. I felt really bad! She didn't seem too phased though. I just plopped her back up on the bed and she fell right back asleep. Last night I went to my Dad's to fix him some dinner. I made sure I was home early enough to give her a nice long walk, then I put her in the car and took her with me. That seems to help, rather than leaving her all alone. She is usually not too hyper after a few hours in the car because it probably seems to her that she is with me. Anyway, when we got home it was still early and I wanted to start on the second half of the asymmetrical v-neck and she, of course, wanted to play ball. So I took a bone out of the freezer and she just left me alone for two hours and gnawed on it. That's like putting a child down in front of the TV or putting a pacifier into the mouth of a crying baby!! Thank goodness she's just a dog. A cute dog. But a dog nonetheless. And I got quite a bit done on that sweater. It doesn't look quite so nice as the first part because of the recycled yarn. It's kinked and so doesn't make a smooth fabric. But I think after washing it should be okay. I hope. Because this is going to be killer!!

No comments: