11 January, 2006

I saw some blue sky again!

Honest ... I really saw some blue sky. And, in fact, I saw the moon last night and some stars as well. Tink decided she needed a potty break at 12:30 am. I was having trouble sleeping anyway so I stepped out on the porch since it wasn't pouring rain and saw the moon! I was startled at first because it has been weeks since I've actually seen the night sky.

I finished the body of the larger of the two parts of the asymmetrical v-neck and started on the left sleeve - the last part. I was putting the pieces side-by-side to check out how they'll look when sewn together and noticed that the left armpit is about 3 inches lower than the right one! I looked at the schematic and it is indeed how it is designed. She does mention in the directions that one might want to make the left sleeve a little shorter overall than the right since it will be hanging lower. I think I'll pin the thing together and try it on before I finalize the sleeve length. I am really bothered by the differences in yarn - the new from the recycled. I will most probably wash it before I wear it in hopes the difference won't be as obvious. Let's just hope that I have chosen a pattern that not only is good looking but looks good on me! Because I'm NOT frogging this alpaca again. I'll have to give the finished project away.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I can't knit. I can't sew either...But Get Fuzzy is also my favorite comic. :)