24 January, 2006

The good and the bad

So, I am wearing the asymmetrical v-neck sweater. I washed it to see if I couldn't get the new side to look a little more like the frogged side, and indeed it does. But unfortunately I seem to have a problem with alpaca yarn. I thought before that the reason I felt so itchy when I was trying it on was because the sleeves on that other sweater were tight and the garment hadn't been washed. No such luck. It is itchy and I even have a cami under it. Also, the neckline keeps stretching and even though I have a little clip holding the right side to the camisole, now the left is slipping off. Not comfortable. Oh, it looks okay I guess. But it's only 9:30 and I have a looooong day of twitching around here. I guess I could change into my running t-shirt if it gets unbearable. And I just can't understand it! The alpaca yarn is so soft!

The good part is that the sky is blue! And it's sunny! I was wearing sunglasses on the way to work this morning. It's cold of course, because it is clear, but I don't care as long as it's not pissing down rain for a change.

I worked a little more on the raglan sweater. I really really really want to have the sleeve portion on waste yarn before I get on that plane so I've got to knit like the wind tonight. I also have to shop for my dad and do laundry because tomorrow I've got a late hair appointment. If I don't get a bunch of stuff done tonight I'll be up all night Wednesday packing. I guess that's a good way to assure I sleep on the plane, eh?

I'm sending off my first package to my Secret Pal today. I hope she likes it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your trip is getting closer and closer- how exciting for you!

I washed some yarn that I had knitted and frogged a time too many and had fantabulous results with it. Thanks for the idea!

-your secret pal