12 January, 2006

I think it's going to work

I pinned the asymmetrical v-neck together last night and slipped it over my head. It's hard to tell for sure, but I am pretty sure that it's a wearable sweater! Yay! I have 18 more rows to do on the sleeve - about 4 more inches. Then I will sew it up and give it a little wash and hope that the crinkled side smoothes out and the smooooooth sides stops looking quite so bright and shiny. My only reservation is that the left side kept slipping off my shoulder. Granted, the left sleeve was weighted with a needle but still ... I will probably have to wear a cami under it or a bra with fancy straps. It's a warm garment. And I find that the alpaca doesn't itch at all in a sweater that is not a close fit. This one is not exactly baggy, but the other one was meant to be worn close.

I'm working from home today and took a minute or 12 at my lunchtime to nip down to my LYS to get another couple row counters and some 8" size 11 needles. My Secret Pal 6, "Nonnahs" sent me some beautiful Kid Classic in a pretty pink and I've started a lace leaf patterned scarf with that, and she also sent me some KnitPicks Andean Silk and a lace scarf pattern so I'm going to start that tonight. Hopefully I can finish them before I leave so they can be gifts. My only row counter is on the "On Hold" cabled shrug ... on hold until I can re-chart the cables so they're not on a reverse stockinette stitch background. Both of these projects are counting projects and I don't like using paper and pencil -- too easy to get lost.

Still raining. I hear that we (Seattle) made the national news last night. 24 days of rain, mud slides now starting, etc. etc.

Vacation count down -- two weeks.

No comments: