18 January, 2006

I did it again!

What is it with my teeth and vacations? I was innocently chewing on a melba cracker last night when my molar cracked and a piece fell right off. Less then four months ago I was eating a garlic fry at the football game and another tooth broke. Right before I was due for a long weekend. So, tomorrow another emergency trip to the dentist to see what they can do to patch me up to last until mid-February. What luck. And I was having SUCH a great day yesterday! But I got very bummed at the very idea that I'd have to go have yet another cap that I just sought solace in a fine bottle of Oregon pinot noir and listened to music and drooled over two new yarn catalogues. The wine dulled the ache of the tooth and the catalogues ... well, you know what they do.

I believe I'll wash that asymmetrical v-neck tonight and hopefully it'll be dry in a couple days and I can take a picture of it. Then I think I'll frog the cabled shrug [still haven't re-charted it -- maybe today] and THEN I'm going to cast on for PMcK's raglan pullover. I realized that I have to get a right good start on that if I don't want to be toting around tons of yarn all through Europe. It'd be better to not finish the scarves since that's just a matter of a skein or two. At the least I want to have that finished to the point that the sleeves are on holders and I'm just working on the body. Then I can do the final fitting when I'm over there.

No comments: