10 January, 2006

A genuine blustery day

Wow! Is it ever blowing out there today! I almost got blown over twice on the way in. Thankfully it wasn't raining, although I expect it to start up anytime now. Not that I don't have anything to talk about but the weather, but we truly are having unusual weather. I know everyone thinks that it rains all the time in Seattle but the fact is that NYC gets more inches per year than we do. What we have is a lot of cloud cover, that's for sure. Anyway, the record for consecutive days of measurable precipitation is 30 days and we're somewhere in the early 20's now and counting with no end in sight. It was coming down so hard last night that it was splatting down the chimney! But, as I said, no rain this morning and in fact the wind had blown holes in the cloud cover so I actually caught a glimpse of blue. It's comforting to know it's still there.

We got our Secret Pals yesterday and mine posted here a little 'hello'. I am looking forward to getting to know her. And I checked out my Secret Pal and she's a bit of an enigma right now to me. Her blog is all about print making and there is not one mention of knitting at all! Hopefully she will answer her questionnaire soon and I'll get a better idea of what she would like, knitting-wise.

No knitting for me last night. Monday is pick-up-the-nephew night so by the time I got him dropped off at home, made something to eat, read the paper, played with the dog .... well, I just felt like reading a bit and going to bed. I am quite sure I can finish the v-neck this week. I want to do a couple of fancy scarves for gifts to take to Europe with me later and I want to start a sweater for another friend that I can work on while I'm there so I am motivated.

No comments: