20 January, 2006

Let's get realistic

I have six days before I leave on vacation. I have three projects I'm working on and I originally assumed I'd have two of the projects done and the third at least 1/3 finished. But I think I'm being a bit over optimistic. After last evening .. which was a short evening for knitting because I went out to dinner to celebrate a birthday .. I worked on the Madison scarf and I am now just about 1/2 finished. I haven't touched the lace leaf scarf after doing two repeats to get it started again. That scarf is done in two parts and grafted together at the neck, so it's 2 out of 10 repeats of 16 rows, and then another 10 repeats on a separate set of needles. I don't have a chance of getting that one done so perhaps I'll let it go and if I have room, take it along in case I get tired of the top down raglan sweater, which is done in the round with st st and can get boring. On the plus side, it's something you can do while multi-tasking, or tired or buzzed. The Madison scarf is lace-ish but it's only a four row repeat and I have it memorized now, plus it's done on size 11 needles so it moves right along when I can get an hour or so to just sit and do it. I am going to finish that up tonight and tomorrow and block it so it'll be dry when I pack and that will be Emma's present. Then Sunday while watching the Seahawks game and the rest of the following week when I can squeeze in some time, I can work on the raglan sweater. I really want to have the sleeves on holders and be working on the body by the time I leave. And I don't want to be hauling around 10+ skeins of yarn either. I am motivated.

I am getting so excited about the game this weekend. It's going to be hard to watch if they don't pull out in front quickly and control the game.

No comments: