28 March, 2006

Ahhh, now that's more like it

Well I'm fresh as a daisy today! I got lots of sleep. Deeeeeep sleep. I don't think I even moved. I crashed about 10 and next thing I knew it was 6:30. That's bliss, baby. I need to be sharp today too. I am auditing the undergraduate anatomy course that we give out of our department and class starts today. It's going to be interesting. For so many years I've made the web site for this class, and the other gross anatomy class, but I don't really study the stuff, right? This will give me an opportunity to see just how tough these whiney students have it. Welll .... not really because this is going to be my only class. But still - knowledge is power.

I think I figured out why Tinkerbell has been so bark-y lately. The neighbors directly behind me have two new dogs. Two. And they spend most of their time in a pen under their deck, which is visible from my deck and audible from .... well I swear Tink can hear like a bat. I am hoping she will calm down a bit after she gets used to them being around. Or else it's going to be a noisy summer.

I know Nonnahs wants pictures of my 2 socks on 2 circulars, but they're just not that interesting now. Just like the other pictures I posted - two tubes hanging from wires. I got just 4 rows into the first heel flap last night before I crashed. When it gets interesting - when I pick up the stitches for the gusset and start working on the other heel I will document that, because it's going to be tricky. And I must say that I don't think I'm all that keen on working two at once. What one saves by doing them at the same time is pretty much wiped out by the time spent cursing and unwinding the two balls of yarn which, no matter how careful you are, get tangled regularly. Then there's the weight of the second sock, which as it grows gets progressively intrusive. Well, the jury is still out, but I am leaning towards one at a time on 2 circs for the next pair.

No comments: