03 March, 2006

I don't know how long it'll last ...

but there's sunshine again today! I tell you, there is nothing like some sunshine in March to get all of Seattle smiling. It is supposed to rain this weekend but I am actually hoping it holds off long enough on Saturday for me to mow the lawn and put some weed and feed on it. I DO NOT want a parking strip full of dandelions this year!

I finished the V-neck last night and am wearing it at work today! The trim is a mix of some gorgeous Any Blatt mohair I got in Paris but which was just not the right shade of purple and some old mystery mohair. Mixed together they give a denim look which makes this top perfect for jeans but not much else. Anyway it's cute and it really made me understand the top-down concept. I have a super idea for a cardigan that I'm going to do next ... well, you know, AFTER I do the little girl flower dress and AFTER I get some socks going. I posted the whole pattern on my pattern blog (see the link on the side bar?)

Now this sock thing is beginning to intrigue me. I am looking forward to getting my two circular method book and, happily, I found out that my first Secret Pal (spoiler, not spoilee) Nonnahs also got the book so I'll have someone to compare notes with.

So tonight I get to cast on for the cute little Flower Top and Skirt. Awwwwww

1 comment:

SylvChezPlum said...

looks really nice indeed !! Are you going to post a bigger pic, ..and modelled ?! ;-) The cuffs and trim look so soft and nice.