21 March, 2006

And the 2nd day of spring ...

okay, not so good. As brilliant and gorgeous as yesterday was, today is cloudy and it started to sprinkle as I was biking through campus. Oh well ... that's spring in Seattle. The cherry trees are looking wonderful and tomorrow I'm going to snap a shot with my phone. If it's too bad I'll bring my camera Wednesday and get a real picture.

Yesterday I was going to send my Secret Pal her last package. I got the package addressed, had my keys, my phone, my iPod, sunglasses .... off I went. Got to the post office and realized I had forgotten one thing. My money. Today is gym day so it's going to have to wait to Wednesday. When she gets the package then I'll reveal myself. My Secret Pal sent me a lovely card and revealed herself and I've put a link on my sidebar - Thanks Kackie for the great purse and books!

I have been drooling over the catalogues that seem to flood my mailbox daily - they are now full of bathing suits and resort wear and my mind is constantly floating off to some sort of tropical paradise where I'm laying on the beach, sipping a cold drink and debating whether or not to go into the water. Ahhhhhh .... However, plans are changing daily it seems. The gallery deal is off which means the Hawaii trip is off and we're going to have to scale down, time-wise and probably expense-wise as well. Now it's looking like a long weekend in Mexico or some sort of cruise. I have never cruised because I always thought I would just get bored out of my mind. On the other hand, if all we want to do is lay around by the pool or on the beach during the day and eat, drink and dance at night a ship is as good as a resort hotel, it seems to me. I will do more research and put my sister to work on it as well.

Last night was pick up the nephew night, so I got only a few rows done on my socks. You know, I never swatched those guys. I mean -- size 2 needles?? Come on. If I can't get gauge with size 2's I am certainly not going to go any smaller. I can barely stand working with those anyway. I mean -- now we know why they're called needles! They're hardly bigger than the needle I use to sew in ends. But I am looking at them and they look rather wide. I slipped them on but it's kind of hard to tell. They don't bag exactly, but they're not hugging my ankle. The pattern does call for some ribbing on the foot after the heel and gusset are done so that might tighten it up. AND I found a huge hole (well huge is relatively, of course) in the ribbing. Somehow I got a YO in there. Oh well, I am not going to rip it back. I figure it's those little flaws that make it "special". (How's that for spin?) And yesterday I broke my vow of not buying any more yarn until I had finished a couple projects. How could I resist? I read on Craftster that WEBS was having a sale on Noro for $5.50 a skein! I bought six and I am going to make a shrug with lacy bell sleeves. I hope. I mean I don't have a pattern but I should be able to figure that out easily enough.

No comments: